It’s probably impossible for you to visit Montego Bay Jamaica and miss out on visiting Margaritaville Montego Bay. It opened in 1996 by two Jamaican natives to bring an atmosphere that is entertaining, fun, exciting and a great place to hang out for both locals and visitors. Here are the top five reasons why Margaritaville Montego Bay is such a well loved destination:
1. Popular hot spot. Margaritaville, Jamaica is known as the place to have some fun on the Montego Bays “Hip Strip” and has now become a melting pot for most Jamaica vacations. Because of the owners’ experience in real estate and restaurant management, they knew exactly what the typical customer needed. It has slowly gained fame as a place for locals and visitors to just kick back and chill. Regardless of age or gender, Margaritaville Montego Bay can guarantee that you will have a good time.
2. Great music. What Jamaican vacation would be complete without the right music to inspire? At Margaritaville in Montego Bay, you will enjoy the latest reggae, dancehall and soca music with special guest DJs from all over the world. Dance the night away to special tunes with Caribbean beats and authentic Jamaican music. An after dinner lounge called the Blue Beat Jazz and Martini Bar was also launched to play live jazz on certain evenings and cool music every night. Margaritaville Montego Bay even has even had guest artists such as Run DMC, P. Diddy and celebrities such as Cindy Crawford and Tiger Woods!
3. Water fun. Water activities happen every day in Margaritaville Montego Bay. The popular attraction in the Montego Bay location is the 120ft waterslide that starts at the roof of the building and goes into the beautiful crystal clear Caribbean Ocean below. In addition, there are two large trampolines that you can jump on and dive into the ocean, crazy fun!
4. Local classes. Weaving is quite popular on this side of the country, and Margaritaville has been gracious enough to offer special classes on basket weaving. Anyone can learn how to weave baskets, cans and home décor with skilled and experienced Jamaican instructors. You do not only make the most out of your Jamaican vacation, you can even go home with some handmade crafts.
5. Great Food and Drinks. Take a visit to the bar on the downstairs area and you can have your choice of over 52 different flavored margaritas, hence the name “Margaritaville”! Oh, and they also has a signature 22 ounce bong of beer that they are well known for. In addition to the great drinks, you can choose from an amazing menu of fajitas, salads, pizza, the world famous Cheesburger in Paradise and some local Caribbean food as well.
With good food, flowing drinks and tons of fun for family and friends, your Jamaica travel will never be the same without a stop to Margaritaville Montego Bay!